Warehouse Layout & Fulfilment Optimisation
Client: General Trading (Import-Export) Company, Middle East
(Where they needed support)
- Storage capacity was affecting ability to supply
- Order complexity was extending lead times
- Pressure to deliver was causing increased errors
- High workplace stress causing absence and high staff turnover
(What they got)
- Re-engineered process work-flows
- New racking layout design
- Modified working practices, enabling more accurate order picking
- Improved team leader communication & delegation skills
- Established MOQs & sales order parameters
- Impact-driven charging for order fulfilment
(How it helped them)
- 12% Increase in storage capacity, with zero capital investment
- 33% Increase in sales volume capability
- 70% Reduction in fulfilment lead times
- 26% Increase in picking accuracy
- Reduced absenteeism to less than 4% per month and annual staff turnover to less than 1%
Total Productivity Solutions’ leadership training helped me cope with highly pressurised interventions whilst applying ISO across multiple sites spread across the Federation. Their training and coaching gave me confidence and SPRAT instruction techniques helped me to deliver instruction efficiently and to get others working together effectively.
TPS provided a dedicated & hardcore engineering professional and an excellent project manager. TPS were stakeholder focused and their dynamic approach ensures that what problems occur the project is completed on time and on budget. Their Project Manager’s experience meant that problems were predicted and designed out, providing a “right first time” solution.
The TPS approach was thorough and methodical. Their extensive engineering experience enables him to easily cover a wide range of technical issues seamlessly, over a large range of mechanical and electronic equipment. Their cross functionality and team player approach makes them a real asset when forming strategy as well as in a crisis.